The reason for the nickname “decovile” was once known in Eskişehir, which is known as the new neighborhood, was the passing of a few kilometers long 600 mm railway that was built to carry military personnel. In this business, which was called a decoiler due to the railway or line opening, military personnel were transported in the tournaments with 4 locomotives and 20 wagons.
In the 1st Air Supply and Maintenance Center Command, it was purchased from the German Henschel & Son company in 1928 and started to be used for the transportation of the personnel of the decoil factory, which was built in 1918, and in the following years it was used as the service of the staff of the factory management and workers and the 1st Main Jet Base Command personnel It was retired on 04 August 1988.
Between the Işıklar District and Yeni Mahalle (Dekovil) in front of the Pancar Cooperative building, the second stop of the decovil, which proceeded from the right side of Sivrihisar Street, was the Kel Bahri stop at the end of the Sugar Factory. Here, the descendants walk down a narrow road (Dedelek Street) and cross the wooden bridge over the Badger and reach the Gökmeydan Quarter. After the second stop, at the end of the Sugar Factory, the Decovil passed to the opposite side of the street and after a period of time it reached the facility and entered the facility.
The decoiler, which was taken out of use in 1988, was taken under protection as a historical value and 4 locomotives and 20 wagons, whose maintenance was completed at the HİBM Command, were exhibited as open air museums and used as wagon-type casinos.
In the 1995, the locomotives were converted into diesel-operated operations, and in the morning and special days, ringing services were started to be carried out in the MIBM Command. In the 1998, the morning ring service was terminated and continued to be used on special days until 2003.
In 2000 2 locomotive and 14 wagons were donated to Osmangazi University and used to carry students between faculties for a while.
As a result of the technical support of Eskişehir Metropolitan Municipality in 2010 and the work of HİBM Command staff, the revision of the diesel engine installed in the locomotive in 1995 and the repair of the hydraulic system were completed; locomotives, wagons and rails have been made ready for use by painting and maintenance.
Locomotives and wagons, which were later donated to Eskişehir Metropolitan Municipality, continue to carry children and visitors on the rails laid in Sazova Science and Culture Park.
- Building Type: BN2T (0 UM 4 UM 0T)
- Width: 600 mm
- Manufacturer: Henschel & Sohn
- Year of production: 1918
- Weight: 7.5 t
- Length: 5.70 m
- Power: 70 PS
- Coal Capacity: 0.5 t
- Water Capacity: 0.8 m3
- Max Speed: 20 km / h
- Vapor Pressure: 12 bar
- Steering Type: Hevsinger
- Brake Type: Brake
- Feature: to be illuminated
Günceleme: 02/10/2022 07:32