Üsküdar Ümraniye Çekmeköy Sancaktepe Metro Line Information and Map
Anatolian Side Kadıköy- After the Kartal Metro, the second metro line will connect the towns of Üsküdar, Ümraniye, Çekmeköy and Sancaktepe.
With the realization of this project, it will be possible to reach Üsküdar Square from many regions of Istanbul with rail system and will decrease in the demand of private vehicle and tire wheeled public transportation journey concentrated in the center.
Marmaray and Üsküdar-Ümraniye-Çekmeköy Metro Line will be reduced by the completion of the road journey requests, one of the most important historical centers of Istanbul, Üsküdar Square, which will provide the development of projects that focus on pedestrian use.
LINE HEADS IN METRO CONSTRUCTION
- It will extend from Taşdelen and Sultanbeyli to Sabiha Gökçen Airport.
- Safe and comfortable travel will reduce travel times
- Passengers will receive an average of 33 minutes per trip.
- Üsküdar-Ümraniye-Çekmeköy-Sancaktepe Metro Line (when Marmaray, Yenikapı-Hacıosman Metro Line is completed) A passenger who takes the subway from Sancaktepe;
12,5 minutes to Ümraniye,
24 minutes to Üsküdar,
36 minutes to Yenikapı,
44 minutes to Taksim,
68 minutes to Hacıosman,
Ataturk Airport will reach 71 in minutes.
- With the commissioning of the metro line, both the national economy and individuals will provide significant economic savings;
- Operating costs of public transportation vehicles such as buses and minibuses will decrease,
- Fuel consumption and maintenance costs will decrease,
- It will reduce the number of traffic accidents and prevent loss of life.
- With the reduction of accidents, repair costs will decrease
- With the decrease in investment needs, road maintenance and repair costs will decrease,
- The amount of harmful gases and environmental pollutants (dust, noise, etc.) released by motor vehicles will significantly decrease.
- The CO2 emissions released into the atmosphere in one year will be 77 thousand 246 tons.
TECHNICAL PROPERTIES OF METRO LINE
- Line Length: 20 kilometers
Number of Stations: 16
- Construction Period: 38 months (This period means a new world record.)
- Metro vehicles, Kadıköy-It will be used without a machinist like the Eagle Metro.
Source : www.ibb.gov.t is