The rebuilding of the Mudanya train rail line, which was built by the French between Bursa and Mudanya and used between 1891-1951, is on the agenda. Metropolitan Municipality learned about this issue.
The Mudanya-Bursa Railway was tendered by the Ottoman administration at the 1873 to the German Engineer Wilhelm von Pressel, completed at 1875 but could not be used due to the error of the line construction. For 1890, the Belgian company, Sleepers and General Manager of Büyük Ekspres, Monsieur Gegorge Nafelmakers, were given the 99 yearbook for the right of line repair and railway operation.
2. ABDÜLHAMİT PARTICIPATED IN OPENING ABD
1 8 1891 17 1892 meter repair of the line began in June 2. The works were completed at 41 June 790 and an opening ceremony was held. The ceremony was carried out by the Benghazi ferry from Sultan Ahmet to Mudanya and then to Bursa. Abdülhamit also participated. On the 6 bin 15 meter long line, there were 14 stations named as Mudanya, Yörüklü, Koru, Acemler, Muradiye (Merinos) and Bursa Demirtaş. Again on the line were the 4 mine, 6 bridge bridge. The XARX 10 locomotives, 14 passenger and 50 freight wagons were available.
WE COME TO UYAN BADEMLİ GEL
At that time, however, the train, which did not reduce the duration of the journey between the two settlements at the 4 hour in any way, was already complaining the most. Due to the slowness of the train, the Ottoman administration had warned the company many times. However, it is still reported that young people who are climbing from Mudanya to Yörüklü (Yörük Ali) station can still take the train after collecting the fruits from the gardens. Due to the extremely heavy line a period in the language of the people of Bursa 'We came to Almond Bademli!' it was also mentioned.
RAILS REMOVED IN 1953 X
The line in question was originally built to transport high quality raw silk from Bursa to Europe by sea and to transport Bursa vegetables and fruits to domestic markets. It was envisaged that the line would be extended from Bursa to Kütahya and from there to Afyon and Konya, but this never happened. The line, which continued to be operated after the proclamation of the Republic, was only nationalized in 1931. However, when the losses continued, the expeditions were stopped in 1951. On July 10, 1953, it was completely closed and its rails dismantled and sold to iron merchants.
It is reported that the Metropolitan Municipality is now working to revive this line. If the metropolitan technical staff reports positively, this train, which runs until 61 years ago, can be restarted.
Source: New Axis