Turkey began the countdown for the Liberalization of Railway Transport
It will both pave the way for the private sector and accelerate Turkey in international competition. kazanEyes on the "Law on the Liberalization of Railway Transportation in Turkey", which will be published, are in the Turkish Grand National Assembly. The private sector wants the law, which will create an environment of free competition by ending the monopoly in the field of rail transport, to be enacted without further deviation from the targets.
Turkey prepared by the Ministry of Maritime Transport and Communications and the Council of Ministers referred to "Turkey About Draft Law Liberalization of Railway Transport" was opened for signature at the Council of Ministers. 2012 draft until the end of the year according to the statement made by the Ministry of Turkey will enter into force legally codified in the Grand National Assembly.
Republic of Turkey with the enactment of the Law on State Railways Administration General Directorate (TCDD) is configured as nudes of the railway infrastructure business, Turkey Rail Transport Joint Stock Company's Headquarters, "Railway Train Operator" to be established as public entities with the Turkish Trade Registry registered anonymously companies to build railway infrastructure and the use of this infrastructure will be provided. In addition, public legal entities and Turkish Trade Registry registered joint-stock companies to open the railway infrastructure and railway train operations will be opened.
This will eliminate the monopoly on rail transport. Private companies will be able to operate with their wagons, locomotives and personnel as well as passenger and freight train management and infrastructure operations. As in other transport (road, sea, airway) modes, free competition will be created within the railway transportation sector.
What will change by law?
Turkey railway carriage returns draft law on the liberalization of transport as follows:
- Separation of infrastructure and superstructure,
- The construction of the railway infrastructure of public corporations and private joint stock companies registered in the Turkish Trade Registry and the use of this infrastructure,
- Infrastructure management and railway train management of public corporations and private joint stock companies registered in the Turkish Trade Registry,
- National railway infrastructure network; province located within the borders of Turkey, districts and other localities with ports, airfields, organized industrial zones, logistics and freight center linking the government or the companies belonging to the railway infrastructure network and the network of the state and management of be made by the company,
- Operating, operating or renting non-monopoly areas of the railway, station, logistics and load centers and similar facilities, which are at the disposal of TCDD (infrastructure operator), without monopoly,
- TCDD (infrastructure operator) determines the traffic management fees that are not at the disposal of the owner in an equal and non-discriminatory manner.
- Public legal entities and companies;
* They can build their own railway infrastructure.
* They may be railway infrastructure operator on railway infrastructure belonging to themselves and / or other companies.
* Infrastructure and train operators are authorized by the Ministry.
- The railway infrastructure maintenance and repair services can be purchased for 5 years with the approval of the TCDD Board of Directors for transportation on sea and inland waters and port services within this scope.
- Türk Tren A.Ş. The Board of Directors may purchase service for 5 years for the maintenance and repair services of the towed vehicles and for the rental of the towed vehicles.
Public service obligation
A railway passenger transport service carried out upon the assignment of the Ministry based on a relevant contract in order to ensure that a rail train operator on a given line is not provided under normal commercial conditions. In this context, the Ministry may make this to the train operator based on a contract.
- Capital shares of TÜLOMSAŞ, TÜVASAŞ and TÜDEMSAŞ are transferred to the treasury free of charge. In this case, all or some of the capital shares of the mentioned institutions can be sold to private companies.
- The difference between TCDD (infrastructure manager) and Türk Tren's investments in the investment programs for 5 years, the financing deficits in the operating budget and the actual financing gap and the projected budget budget will be covered by the treasury.
The list of demands of the private sector is fluffy
5 is waiting for the regulation to overcome the industry for more than a year, the railway transporters want to start a new era in the sector before the 2013 and the law should be removed from the obstacles that delay the exit.
The current physical situation, length and capacity of the railway network, according to the private sector, prevents the rapid increase in freight transport iğ Authorities say that the urgent launch and completion of very serious infrastructure works for freight transport traffic is essential for the rapidisation of the liberalization process. In If there is no road on it or if there is no infrastructure, signaling, supporting terminal and other structures to allow efficient transportation, the development of railway transportation will not be possible, ın he said. However, the TCDD or the state-owned railway company will not have enough traction and wagon parking. warns that it may be an obstacle to its implementation in a fast and healthy way.
Another point that the private sector focuses on is the possibility that a foreign operator with high level of knowledge, experience and most important financial power will be able to take control of the market. furthermore, public and private sector cooperation should be improved in the field of railway operations, as in production and construction. alan On the other hand, the establishment of a leadership mechanism that will enable joint steps to be taken by public-private sector-non-governmental organizations and academic circles in order to train educated and qualified manpower is also among the mentioned topics.
In summary, the expectations of the private sector in the process of railway liberalization can be grouped under the main heading: 5: the priority of the country's benefit, the priority of infrastructure investments, an encouraging transition process, the provision of equality of public-private sector competition, the recognition of excise duty on rail transport as in air and seaway.
Source : I www.lojistikhatti.co