Making Istanbul Metropolitan Municipality and carried out by November 5 2012, which will start on Monday because of Taksim Square in Taksim Square editing work between bus and taxi-minibus passenger waiting and transfer of changes were made in order.
According to the Istanbul Metropolitan Municipality Press Consultancy, the new routes of the public transportation vehicles will be:
- There will be no change in the access and operation of the Metro and Funicular in Taksim during and after the works in Taksim Square.
- During the works in Taksim Square; From the Şişhane direction, the IETT Buses on the lines with the last stop in Taksim will return to Şişhane direction by lowering their passengers before coming to the region where the work begins on Tarlabaşı Boulevard and making a U-turn.
- Among the buses coming from Harbiye direction, the last stop is Taksim; They will come to Divan Hotel-Asker O Oca Caddesi-Mete Caddesi-Taksim Square and return on the same route.
- Buses going in the direction of Harbiye; They will go in the direction of Harbiye via Tarlabaşı Boulevard - Taksim Square - Mete Avenue-Asker Quarry Street (in front of Divan Hotel).
- Those who will go in the direction of Tarlabaşı will continue in the direction of Şişhane via Abdülhak Hamit Street (the road where the former Electricity Administration is located).
- Taxi-Dolmushes will be located about 100 meters behind the waiting places, and will use the Temporary Traffic Route, like IETT Buses.
- After the Taksim Square Arrangement works are completed;
- No buses will enter the Taksim Square anymore.
- All of the transit lines that stop at Taksim will use Tarlabaşı Boulevard and Cumhuriyet Street. For this reason, bus stops with 2 lanes will be built in the vehicle underpass.
- The buses will return on Tarlabaşı Boulevard by lowering and unloading passengers.
- They will go to Harbiye direction and reach Taksim Square by using the underpass of the tunnel and the bus stops at the underpass.
- The vehicles coming from the direction of Harbiye will also return after a new U-turn, after getting on the junction in front of Divan Hotel. Other public transport will work the same way.
- Passengers getting off the bus in the tunnel underpass will be able to connect directly to Taksim Metro and Funicular.
- Tarlabaşı will be the last stop of the lines, whose last stop was Taksim.
- Traffic underground activities in Taksim Square are carried out by the Istanbul Metropolitan Municipality Transportation Department and the Department of Science Affairs.