Ali Hadim, head of the AK Party Ödemiş district, said that the congestion on the trains running between Ödemiş and İzmir was due to the Izmir-Ödemiş Railway rail renewal works.
Hadim made a statement, stating that they frequently receive complaints from citizens about the problem. President Hadim said in his statement: “In 2004, when we took office, train services between Ödemiş and İzmir would be completely canceled. As everyone will remember at that time, there were a total of 2 trips, 2 departures and 4 return, between Ödemiş and İzmir. As a result of our initiatives, the rails changed as a result of the renewal works of the line between Ödemiş and İzmir. The journey, which used to be 3-3.5 hours before, is now 2 hours. After these works, the number of trips increased to 7, including 7 departures and 14 arrivals. In each train run, 204 passengers are transported when calculated with the number of seated passengers. This shows that 2 thousand 800 passengers are transported between Ödemiş-İzmir and İzmir-Ödemiş on a daily basis.
Upon many complaints from citizens, we held meetings with Minister of Transport, Journalism and Maritime Affairs, Mr. Binali Yıldırım, on the issue many times, on increasing the number of voyages and wagons. Our Minister gave an instruction to the General Directorate and asked for a study to be carried out. Our Regional Directorate, after the field work carried out with its technical teams, has put forward a tender to change the 70-kilometer road between Ödemiş and Torbalı. On the 70-kilometer road between Ödemiş and Torbalı, the rails will be seamless and all rails will be assembled. Sleepers will change, work has begun. While the company, which won the tender, continues to work from evening to morning, normal train services will continue during the day. After the completion of the work in about 2-2.5 months and the final tests, the company will deliver the site on January 31, 2013 and the voyages will return to normal. "
"THE NUMBER OF TRIPS WILL BE INCREASED"
“New generation trains will be activated on this line and the number of trips will be increased. In addition to the renovation of these rails, works will be started on the Kiraz line, ”said Hadim.“ Within the framework of these studies, the additional trips on Friday, Saturday and Sunday will be canceled. There will be no change in other train services. On the other hand, the first train departing from Ödemiş and the passengers of the last regular flights from İzmir will be transferred from Çatal as of next Monday. For the first train service departing from Ödemiş, State Railways, from Ödemiş to Çatal, will take the passengers with the passenger buses it will allocate. The last train passengers departing from Izmir will be transported from Çatal Station to Ödemiş by buses. "
STATION IS ESTABLISHED IN İLKKURŞUN
Hadim added that a normal station will be established instead of the waiting stop in the village of İlkkurşun said, “The reason for the congestion and congestion experienced so far was the increase in the number of passengers and the fact that the number of trips was not increased due to the transition to the new project. When the works are completed, the transportation time between Ödemiş and İzmir will be shortened and when the number of trips is increased, our people will have the opportunity to travel by comfortable trains and the stampede will be prevented. Our goal here is to provide a better flow of service to our people. Something does not happen spontaneously, it requires a project, it requires investment. We, as the ruling party, will continue to be in the service of our people as a follower of the investments and studies in our region ”.
Source: Media 73