Trade associations filed 3 lawsuits against the zoning plan, which envisions changes in 17 points of the route of the 17rd Bridge Project. Yıldız Uysal from the Chamber of Architects said, “There is a change in the plan, but the plan itself is not there; everything is uncertain, ”he says.
3. 1 filed nine professional chambers against changes to the 5000 / 17 zoning plan, which foreseen fragmentary changes on the Bridge Project route; but there is an interesting plan change, but it does not.
Drilling works had begun for the 3rd Bridge, which will be built on the Bosphorus between Poyrazköy and Garipçe and whose tender was made.
Non-governmental organizations and trade associations oppose the project from the very beginning, saying that it will leave Istanbul breathless, it will not solve the transportation, it will make it even more problematic, and it will increase construction.
Three years ago, the 1rd Bridge was not included in the 100.000 / 3 scaled zoning plan prepared by the Istanbul Metropolitan Municipality and it was absolutely opposed.
But the government is 3. After the bridge was brought up again, a few minor changes were made in this plan, and then the construction of a bridge with the North Marmara Highway 1 / 25.000 scale was opened.
"The route is uncertain, there is no plan"
The lawsuits filed against two zoning plans by the nine professional chambers affiliated to TMMOB continue. In the meantime, it was revealed that 3/13 zoning plan changes were made in 17 points of 1 districts on the route of the 5000rd Bridge project.
But Beykoz, Eyüp, Pendik, Sarıyer, Tuzla, Büyükçekmece, Tuzla, Silivri, Çatalca, Arnavutköy, Başakşehir Sancaktepe, Sultangazi, districts have no changes.
Yıldız Uysal, a member of the Chamber of Architects Urbanization and Planning Committee, said: “In the past, mistakes were at least tried to be adapted to their 'legal cover'. Now that too has disappeared. There is a plan change, but we could not find the plan itself. It is not clear how the route will be; everything is uncertain, ”he says.
Uysal said that the 3rd Bridge project was initially presented with claims such as "cleansing the transit traffic from the urban traffic" and "not increasing the construction around the bridge", but that this was abandoned by adding a railroad road and building an airport next to it.
Noting that there is an increase of 2100 percent in construction when only one highway is built in Sultanbeyli, Uysal says, "When the bridge and the airline are placed side by side, it will be the nightmare of Istanbul."
"The catchment basin and forests should not disappear"
In the petition filed against the plan change, attention was drawn to the decisions of the Istanbul Metropolitan Municipality regarding the reason why the 3rd Bridge should not be in the first zoning plan:
* Economic and rapid transportation of people, not primarily of vehicles
* A public transportation-based transportation system should be installed in Istanbul, which is equipped with high-capacity, high-quality and transportation-type railways.
* Avoidance of transportation and settlement decisions that will trigger the development of the north, disrupt the natural-historical structure of the city and create additional transportation problems in the long term
* The negative consequences of a Bosphorus crossing between the east and west of Istanbul for the urban development of Istanbul were experienced with the urban development pattern that emerged after the Fatih Sultan Mehmet Bridge crossing.
* Since the natural thresholds of Istanbul are damaged to such an extent that they will not experience a similar process, developments that will cause further destruction of the catchment areas and forests should be avoided.
Source : www.bianet.org