Metrobus to save Istanbul: The longest bus in the world called "Die Autotram Extra Grand" was produced in Dresden, Germany. The 30-meter-long and 265-seat bus was developed and produced by the Fraunhofer Transport and Infrastructure Systems Institute in Dresden and the Technical University of Dresden.
YOU CAN USE A DRIVER ALWAYS!
The world's longest bus, which can be used by an ordinary bus driver, will start serving in Dresden next autumn.
NO NEED FOR SPECIAL LICENSE
Metrobus to save Istanbul: Fraunhofer Institute official Matthias Klinger stated that the 30-meter-long "Die Autotram", a 12-meter-long bus, has the maneuvers of moving, going backwards and forwards, and said that a special license is not needed to drive the vehicle they produce.
30 METER LONG ONE GIANT
“Die Autotram”, which has a lower cost compared to trains and tramways, also has an environmentally friendly engine. The 30-meter-long bus does not need a special road in traffic. It is stated that the bus that will sail in normal traffic in Dresden will pass the tests successfully.
The cost of the metrobus that will save Istanbul will be 3.4 MILLION EURO!
Germany thinks that India, China, Russia and some Arab countries will show interest in the longest bus in the world. It was also stated that the cost of a bus cost 3.4 million Euros.
WHAT IS METROBUS?
As it has a special strip, it can move quickly in traffic. Metrobuses have some important characteristics compared to preferential routes. These
- Distance between stops is longer than other bus systems.
- Stops are prepaid. In other words, the passenger makes a payment when entering the station. This way the bus is waiting for payment is prevented.
- There is usually a single line running on the Metrobus roads.
- Passengers get off and go through all the doors.
- The stop platform and bus entrance heights are the same and there is no exit to the staircase in order to make the landing boardings easily and not to lose time.
- The vehicle used is higher than the passenger capacity.
- It is not correct to use double-deck or low capacity vehicles in these lines.
Due to these features, the number of passengers using the system is higher than other bus systems. Journeys are faster.
Vehicles are more comfortable than standard buses, more comfortable and much faster because there is no traffic problem.
The cost of infrastructure of the BRT system is widely used in many developed countries because it is much cheaper than metro and similar public transportation systems. Especially in the transportation of metro lines and close distance transportation, many developed world subways benefit from metrobuses. In some countries, advanced metrobus transport networks are available.
Bus models used on the Metrobus line have certain standards. Single-storey (for ease of passenger evacuation), with at least one bellows (for higher passenger capacity), with automatic transmission (to be compatible with stop-and-go system), with disabled entry-exit system. In some countries the BRTs are without drivers.
Source : I www.toplumsalhafiza.co