Bursa, which met in 1892 in the Ottoman period by rail system, ended 59 years ago, has made significant leaps in city transportation in recent years and expects high speed train project in intercity transportation.
The Metropolitan Municipality opens the “Bursa-Mudanya Train Exhibition”, which brings the “Black Train Story of Bursa” to the present day with its black and white photographs and stories that leave a mark on life.
According to the information received by the AA reporter from the Metropolitan Municipality, the first railroad construction on the Ottoman borders was put into operation between Alexandria and Cairo in 1851, and in the European territory of the Ottoman Empire between 1860 and Constanta. The first railroad in Anatolia was built by the British between İzmir-Aydın, İzmir-Town and was completed in 1866.
The first document dated October 20, 1867, reflecting the first data on the construction of the railway in Bursa, was sent to the Nafia Ministry of Galilee, Mudanya from Mudanya to Bursa and from there to Kütahya, Karahisar and Konya. It is also mentioned that a contract was made with Monsieur Havman for the construction of a port.
The Bursa-Mudanya railway, which was tendered to German engineer Wilhelm Von Pressel, started to be built as a one meter wide narrow line from 1873 and was completed in 1875, but could not be used due to the construction error.
In 1890, Nagelmakers, General Manager of Sleeper Wagons and Large Express Company, was proposed to make the line available and to operate it for 40 thousand Ottoman Liras. Nagelmakers also proposed the construction of a pier between Mudanya and Bursa and a line extending from Bursa to Kütahya-Afyon to Konya. In the proposal of Nagelmakers, the extension of the line to Çitli within one year from the date of the edict, from Bandırma to Balıkesir, Simav, Uşak, Afyon, Konya; There was a line construction extending to Mudanya, Orhaneli, Kütahya, Afyon and Konya. The specification made with Nagelmakers consisted of 33 articles and 5 chapters, and the contract made up of 29 articles.
The repair work started on June 8, 1891, and on June 17, 1892, the governor, the notables of the province, Ottoman Bank Director Monsieur Navil, Nafia Naziri Tevfik Pasha, a ceremony between the French ambassador Monsieur Karbon and the public's "Long live the sultan's" cheer. .
After the opening, a meal was prepared in the locomotive warehouse for 120 people and the trout of the "Monk Mountain", sea bass, chicken rice, beef grill and fillet, turkey leg, asparagus and fruit were given.
-41,780 mile line-
The railway, which is 41,780 kilometers long, starts at the sea level (2,40 meters) in Mudanya, rising steadily and reaching 217 meters in the Yörüklü region. The line, which descends again to the Koru location and goes down to 68,22 meters, sailing at the level of 100 meters at the Acemler Station, 41,122. It ended with the Bursa station within kilometers. A total of 145 thousand 650 Ottoman Liras was spent for the construction of the railway.
Along the line, there were 15 mines, 14 masonry bridges, 92 culverts and 6 stations, Mudanya, Yörükali, Koru, Çekirge, Muradiye, Bursa and Demirtaş. The name of Muradiye Station was changed to Merinos in 1945. There were 4 inactive, 6 used locomotives, 14 passengers, 50 freight wagons on the trains traveling on the railroad.
In spite of the problems and problems, the operation of the line which provides a certain level of income and contributed to the economy of Bursa was continued for many years.
It is seen that the state purchases of railways, Bursa-Mudanya railroad, Eastern Railways and İzmir Wharf by the Ministry of War were requested by the Ministry of War. The record, dated January 3, 1917, states that the government's decision to operate railways and berths was accepted.
-The iron road was closed in 1953 and its tracks were dismantled.
In Bursa, which was under Greek occupation because the railways in the occupied regions were under the control of the imperialist states during the National Struggle period, the Bursa-Mudanya railway and its dock were also under the control of foreigners.
The first regulation on the operation of the line in the first years of the Republican period was made in July 1923. An agreement was signed between the Deputy of Nafia and Monsieur Lahrer on behalf of the Turkish Grand National Assembly government. Here, regulations were made regarding the tariffs and the revenues of the company and it was decided that the employees should be Turkish. The line, which could not be nationalized until 1931, was bought by the state on June 1, 1931 with the law numbered 1815 and in cash. On July 10, 1953, the Mudanya-Bursa railway was closed and its rails were dismantled on the grounds that it worked very slowly and that it no longer profits.
Many complaints that the railroad was running very slowly and that there were delays and malfunctions were also included in the Ottoman records. The “rumors” dating back to the slowness of the train took place in an article in the Istanbul Newspaper dated 12 May 1923:
“The Mudanya-Bursa railway never moves to the katars on time, and it does not know that it is necessary for people who have received their privilege to move more clearly than ordinary cars. These trains, which are like toys sold in Bonmarş, consist of first, second and third positions. On the move, it goes so slowly that the passengers in the string can request cigarettes from the passersby and burn their own cigarettes ... ”
Source : www.haberciniz.biz