China and Kenya join forces to construct the East Africa railway line

China and Kenya join forces to construct the East Africa railway line :On 11th May China and Kenya have entered an agreement to construct a new East Africa railway line. According to the agreement 90% of the cost for constructing the railway line will be funded by China’s Eximbank and the remaining 10% by own sources of the Kenyan Government.

The initial phase will connect the port city of Mombasa to the Capital Nairobi and is estimated to cost 3.6 billion US $. Again according to the agreement the main contractor will be a subsidiary of China Communications Construction Co.

Construction of 609 km line is planned to start in October and is planned to be completed in March 2018. Construction works for further extensions starting from Nairobi up to Uganda, then Rwanda and South Sudan will start after completion of this phase.

China and Kenya join forces to construct the East Africa railway line

 

We, Net Translation Services Limited, are in your disposal with our experienced translator team of 35 persons specialized in Rail Systems Terminology in English, German, Russian, French languages Please visit website: Nettercume.com.tr for our references.

65 / 1.840