Russia eyes construction of high-speed railway

The first high-speed railway that will be built in Russia will connect Moscow and Kazan, the vice president of Russian Railways said

“Moscow-Kazan (railroad) will likely be the first,” Alexander Misharin told the State Duma, or lower house of the parliament.

Misharin said the direction was selected because the line could eventually be extended toward China. The first part of the railroad would be built in four years, he said.

“For that, we need to finance 130 billion rubles (4.2 billion U.S. dollars) from the federal budget during four years,” he said.

Misharin added the state will pay 70 percent of the construction costs while the company hopes to attract private investors to pay the other 30 percent.

Russian Railways also is considering a plan to participate in the construction of a high-speed railway connecting China to Britain, Misharin said.

Kazan, the capital of Tatarstan republic, is located some 700 km east of Moscow on the Middle Volga River.

russia-railway

Source : nz week

We, Net Translation Services Limited, are in your disposal with our experienced translator team of 35 persons specialized in Rail Systems Terminology in English, German, Russian, French languages Please visit website: Nettercume.com.tr for our references.

14 / 1.960