Khaf-Herat railway :The third section of Khaf-Herat railway between eastern Iran and Afghanistan will cover 62-km and cost USD 75mn (EUR 59.99mn) and Iran will provide funding to build the section.
The project is scheduled to be completed in March 2013 and the fourth section will be funded by the Asian Development Bank (ADB).
Iran has already completed building the first two sections of the railway.
Source : rameuic.com
Similar Railway & Urban Transport News
- Iran ready to finance construction of its part of railway to Armenia â€“minister Iran ready to finance construction of its part of railway to Armenia â€“minister :Iran is ready to finance construction of its own section of a 160 km railway to Armenia, Armenian energy minister Armen Movsisyan said today to a parliament Q&A session.
According to the minister, the Iranian side is ready to begin the construction once Armenia finds investors for the construction of […]
- Saudi Arabia spending big on rail projects Saudi Arabia spending big on rail projects :Rail transportation is playing an increasing role in the Saudi transportation sector. The government has launched a number of initiatives to develop this sector through major railway expansion projects connecting the different regions of the Kingdom. Presently, the current value of executed projects is estimated at SR 50 billion, according to […]
- Afghanistan Mineral Riches Wonâ€™t Go Anywhere Without Rail Afghanistan Mineral Riches Wonâ€™t Go Anywhere Without Rail :Supervisor Atta Mohammad watches the cranes swivel and workers at the Naibabad freight terminal rush to unload wheat and construction material from Uzbekistan thatâ€™s just arrived on Afghanistanâ€™s only railroad.
The cargo has to be transferred to trucks to reach the rest of the country through the icy passes in the Hindu Kush […]
- Oman to build capacity for meeting rail project needs Oman to build capacity for meeting rail project needs :Oman government is taking a series of measures to develop industries capable of meeting demand for construction material emanating from the 2,244-km long national railway project, when the first segment reaches the implementation phase early next year.
As part of such efforts, the Ministry of Transport and Communications has […]
- Turkey to boost railway investments Turkey to boost railway investments :Turkey will invest more than 5.5 billion lira in its transportation projects, according to the countryâ€™s 2014 budget.
The Turkish government will allocate around 3.5 billion lira to Turkish state railways, and around 2 billion lira to the Turkish Ministry of Transportation, Maritime Affairs and Communications, for its railway […]