Khaf-Herat railway :The third section of Khaf-Herat railway between eastern Iran and Afghanistan will cover 62-km and cost USD 75mn (EUR 59.99mn) and Iran will provide funding to build the section.
The project is scheduled to be completed in March 2013 and the fourth section will be funded by the Asian Development Bank (ADB).
Iran has already completed building the first two sections of the railway.
Source : rameuic.com
Incoming search terms:
Similar Railway & Urban Transport News
- Iran ready to finance construction of its part of railway to Armenia â€“minister Iran ready to finance construction of its part of railway to Armenia â€“minister :Iran is ready to finance construction of its own section of a 160 km railway to Armenia, Armenian energy minister Armen Movsisyan said today to a parliament Q&A session.
According to the minister, the Iranian side is ready to begin the construction once Armenia finds investors for the construction of […]
- World Bank to lend $1.1 billion for eastern railway freight corridor World Bank to lend $1.1 billion for eastern railway freight corridor :Agreement is second after loan of $975 million for 343km Khurja-Kanpur section of project approved by World Bank in 2011.The World Bank on Thursday signed an agreement to lend $1.1 billion to India to build the eastern dedicated railway freight corridor.
â€śThe project will help increase the capacity of these […]
- Iran,Turkmenistan and Kazakhstan Presidents Opens Railroad Corridor Iran,Turkmenistan and Kazakhstan Presidents Opens Railroad Corridor :The railroad connecting Iran and two Central Asian countries of Turkmenistan and Kazakhstan opens today with the presence of the presidents of the three countries.
Train carrying the Iranian President Hassan Rouhani left for Inche Boroun border point Wednesday morning, IRNA reports.
Inche Boroun is located in […]
- Saudi Arabia spending big on rail projects Saudi Arabia spending big on rail projects :Rail transportation is playing an increasing role in the Saudi transportation sector. The government has launched a number of initiatives to develop this sector through major railway expansion projects connecting the different regions of the Kingdom. Presently, the current value of executed projects is estimated at SR 50 billion, according to […]
- Afghanistan Mineral Riches Wonâ€™t Go Anywhere Without Rail Afghanistan Mineral Riches Wonâ€™t Go Anywhere Without Rail :Supervisor Atta Mohammad watches the cranes swivel and workers at the Naibabad freight terminal rush to unload wheat and construction material from Uzbekistan thatâ€™s just arrived on Afghanistanâ€™s only railroad.
The cargo has to be transferred to trucks to reach the rest of the country through the icy passes in the Hindu Kush […]