Lithuanian Railways to improve the capital’s bypass

Lithuanian railway company Lietuvos Geležinkeliai will start on a new project for doubling the section Kyviškės-Valčiūnai and the modernisation of the existing line. The aim of the project is to redirect traffic currently crossing Vilnius to the Lithuanian capital bypass. The cost of the project is LTL 260 Million (EUR 75.4 Million), 85% of the amount coming from European funds and the remaining 15% of the railway company’s budget.

Works will be carried out by the consortium led by Kauno Tiltai, including the companies Trakcja-Tiltra, Panevėžio Keliai, Mitnija and Belam-Riga.

The project will have to be completed by June 2014. After completion, freight trains will be able to travel at speeds of up to 80 km/h.

Source: www.15min.lt

We, Net Translation Services Limited, are in your disposal with our experienced translator team of 35 persons specialized in Rail Systems Terminology in English, German, Russian, French languages Please visit website: Nettercume.com.tr for our references.

72 / 1.696