CAF Supplies Tallinn with New Trams
The city of Tallinn will buy at least 15 new trams from the Spanish company CAF which won the procurement for buying new trams held by the Tallinn City Transport Co, LETA/Postimees Online reports.
The trams will be delivered in 2014 and 2015.
The contest was declared in June and two bids were submitted: by Swiss-German joint bidders Stadler Bussnang AG/Stadler Pankow GmbH and Spanish bidder Construcciones y Axiliar de Ferrocariles S.A (CAF).
The new modern trams will be bought for proceeds the state gets from selling unused pollution quota that is channelled into environment-friendly projects.
The presumed cost of the procurement is 44.25 million euros. As an option, 15 such trams more can be bought.
Source : rzd-partner
Similar Railway & Urban Transport News
- Stadler Pankow presents new tram for Stuttgart As part of the InnoTrans trade fair, Stadler Pankow GmbH and Stuttgarter StraÃŸenbahnen AG presented the new DT8.12 tram for Stuttgart in the open-air area of the Messe Berlin Exhibition Grounds (platform 4/1) on 20 September 2012. These are the first vehicles of the series for Stuttgarter StraÃŸenbahnen AG, who has ordered a total of 20 vehicles. Before the high-floored vehicles can be […]
- Stadler Variobahn for London completes successful test run in Chemnitz Stadler Variobahn for London completes successful test run in Chemnitz :The Variobahn from Stadler Pankow GmbH has successfully completed its test run and will shortly be delivered to London. Last summer, British tram operator London Tramlink ordered six Variobahn five-carriage trams, with an option on eight more vehicles, in order to provide modern transport capacity to meet […]
- Rail funds to be used for modernization in Latvia Rail funds to be used for modernization in Latvia : Latviaâ€™s Transport Ministry will have a month and a half to inform the government about the possibilities of purchasing new trains and modernizing existing rolling stock, Prime Minister Valdis Dombrovskis told reporters after a meeting with President Andris Berzins on May 8, reports LETA. Dombrovskis allowed for the possibility of […]
- Baltic railroads will remain connected to Moscow without Europe’s funding The European Union needs to have a respectable multi-annual budget, because for some of the member states, including the Baltic countries, it will offer the only investment opportunity, Joseph Daul, Chairman of the European People's Party Group in the European Parliament, said during the EP's plenary session in Strasbourg on Wednesday.
For instance, without European funding, the […]
- Abellio orders 20 FLIRT3 multiple-unit trains for the Lower Rhine Network from Stadler A contract for the delivery of 20 electric multiple-unit trains for the Lower Rhine Network was signed between Stadler Pankow GmbH and Abellio Rail NRW GmbH on 31 May.
Berlin, 13 June 2013. The contract governs the delivery of 13 five-carriage single-system and 7 five-carriage multi-system multiple-unit FLIRT3 trains.
The vehicle fleet will come into service with the new […]