All Aboard Florida plan announced
Florida East Coast Industries Inc has announced that it is to produce an ‘investment grade’ ridership study for a $1bn privately owned, operated and maintained ointer-city passenger service carrying business travellers and tourists between Miami and Orland.
Revealing outline plans for All Aboard Florida on March 22, property and railway company FECI said the target launch date is 2014. FECI would own and operate the line, and ‘Florida’s taxpayers will have no ongoing construction or operating risks’.
The 380 km route would connect Miami, Fort Lauderdale, West Palm Beach and Orlando, using a 320 km route between Miami and Cocoa which belongs to FECI’s Florida East Coast Railway subsidiary. A further 60 km of new track would provide the link to Orlando.
Journey times would be around 3 h and frequent services would run throughout the day.
FECI says that eventually the system could eventually be extended to serve Tampa and Jacksonville.
- Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Google+ (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on WhatsApp (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Telegram (Opens in new window)
- Share on Skype (Opens in new window)
- Click to email this to a friend (Opens in new window)
- Click to print (Opens in new window)
We, Net Translation Services Limited, are in your disposal with our experienced translator team of 35 persons specialized in Rail Systems Terminology in English, German, Russian, French languages Please visit website: Nettercume.com.tr for our references.